1⁄76Matchbox AFV Nostalgia Campaign II
It was a great campaign that brought back memories of childhood modelling. And I must say, there are some very talented modellers at the smaller scale. I would like to personally thank all who joined the campaign and shared their builds. And here is looking forward to a Matchbox III campaign in the future. Kevin Kevin Brant, having sneaked envious glances over the fence at an Aeroscale Matchbox campaign, had decided that the time was right for another armoured Matchbox Campaign. So it was that on 1st September 2012, he and twenty nine cohorts peered out as dawn broke over the polystyrene battlefield, armed with a variety of two-toned vintage Matchbox kits and monotone Revell re-releases. Some failed to make it to the start line, and many were the casualties that fell by the wayside, so that by 28th February of the following year, only 17 were able to retire from the field as veterans and thus receive the campaign medal:
- Casualmodeler: Krupp Protz
- ChaosXVI: Pz.Kpfw.II
- Dangeroo: Jeep and Dodge Truck
- Erhently: Puma
- FirstCircle: Priest
- Imatanker: Humber
- Madmax5510: Priest and Monty’s Caravan
- Minas-ithil: Chaffee
- Panzerman: M-19 Tank Transporter
- Rybenuk: Chaffee
- Sgtjkj: Sd.Kfz.232
- SgtRam: Comet
- Steph2102: Chaffee
- Tatbaqui: Firefly
- Tinbanger: Jeep and Dodge Truck
- Torchy: Comet
- No aftermarket, strictly OOB
- Exception to rule above would be allowing builder to dress up diorama base.
- Kit must use kit diorama base, photo of AFV on base must be submitted.
- Kit may start off partially built but a picture of the start point must be submitted before further work is done.
- Most important: have fun, remember what it was like to build these as kids.
Copyright ©2019 by Matthew Lenton. Images also by copyright holder unless otherwise noted. The views and opinions expressed herein are solely the views and opinions of the authors and/or contributors to this Web site and do not necessarily represent the views and/or opinions of AeroScale, KitMaker Network, or Silver Star Enterrpises. Images also by copyright holder unless otherwise noted. Opinions expressed are those of the author(s) and not necessarily those of AeroScale. All rights reserved. Originally published on: 2013-03-07 12:42:16. Unique Reads: 12408