I've enjoyed watching the builds here. I don't build planes that much anymore, but I have enjoyed them.
Back to work on my Stuart "Tiger".
Assembly is mostly done. The gun is a bit fiddly. My turret would not fit and required some surgery to the turret ring. The basket is a bit too tall and required a bit of trimming so the turret sits in the ring.
I have to apologize here...I didn't have many usable pictures of the final assembly.
Te hull-mounted fuel tanks are simplified but not accurate. The kit lacks the rods that hold the bands down. I used stretched sprue to replicate them.
The hull MG on the driver's side interferes with the radio so I had to move it back.
The kit comes with indie and rubberband tracks. The rubberband tracks are really tight and the connect point is weak. It would not hold. I scavenged a set of rubberband tracks from an old Tamiya Stuart. They fit perfect.
The Stuart was given a light wash and drybrushing. I went heavy on the dust. The decals are a little out of register. Academy fudged on the placement...the diagrams do not completely match pictures of the actual vehicle and even their own box art. They want you to hand-paint the yellow stripe over the mantlet. Most photos I've seen of this tank show the mantlet stripe mostly worn away.
And I call her done. It really could have been a good kit. Fit problems, decals, and what looks to be shortcuts take the kit down a few notches.
I'm glad to be done with it. At some point I'll probably give it a small base and try to replicate the photo of it being inspected by German soldiers. For that, I'll probably go with the indie tracks and maybe rework the fuel drums and decals.