Originally I was going to start the Eduard/Hasegawa 1/48 scale F-86F Sabre after I finished the Eduard F6F-3 Hellcat, and I actually did just that. Spent about 2 hrs in the cockpit, but my Mojo was calling me for another WW II prop. I've had the Airfix 1/48 scale Hawker Hurricane Mk 1 on my to do shelf for a while now, so I boxed the Sabre back up for another day, and opened the Hurricane box, and that's what my current build is going to be.
Naturally, the only British paints I had on hand were the late camo colors that I did my Eduard Spitfire Mk IXVc in a few years ago, and those colors were wrong for a BOB Hurricane. I've also started to switch over to Mig Ammo Acrylics rather then continuing to mix most colors with the Tamiya line, so I ordered the Early British set from Sprue Brothers who had it at my front door in 4 days time. Being me, I just assumed that the 4 colors in the pre-pack contained British Interior Green, and guess what/ it didn't My fault, not anyone else's. So I now had to mix my own once again. I started off with googling the British color chip from a few sources, then pulling out my Witches caldron, I slowly mixed what I thought was the correct shade. Especially once it's enclosed in the fuselage and received a dark brown wash, it would do just fine.
As per the instructions I started with the 3 piece pilot seat and bulkhead. Now keep in mind that I'm a complete newbie when it comes to British aircraft. I google everything, checking known sources as much as possible.
The 3 piece seat assembly was really grossly overly thick. Also the stick lever attached to the port side of the seat looked out of scale to me, so I cut it off, then thinned the side panels. Then glued the seat together and thinned some more.
Naturally, in my haste to start, I forgot to take any before pictures.
Here's the glued up and thinned out seat.
From what I understand the Mk 1 used the Sutton harness and seatbelt. for that to fit to the seat a 2nd opening was needed in the lower back of the seat. That was accomplished with a drill, and some files. I also opened up the belt opening in the bulkhead.
Once done, both were primed with Mig Ammo Black Acrylic primer to help with a more convincing shadow effect.
I painted the bulkhead with my mix of British Interior Green, and the seat with Alcad Flat Aluminum #101 as I didn't want it shinny but rather on the dull side.
I decided to try and make my own harness assembly out of layered masking tape. I've painted the belts with Tamiya Buff, but they still look a little to light and need to be weathered. I'm planning on using some misc. Buckles and latches from left over Eduard PE sets, but I haven't gotten to that point as yet.
I did manage to start the cockpit framing. Of course the aluminum plate in the middle of it has a huge ejector mark right in the middle of it. I filled that with a sheet plastic disk, and Bondo. I also drilled out the lightning holes in the pulley wheel.
And that's how far I've gotten to this point.