So... a couple of pieces of info on the GWH kit...
In the third assembly step, two decals are called out for the back of the pilot headrest/bulkhead... Decal #39 and Decal #40. Too bad the decal sheet only goes to 38!
Also, the photoetch sheet is misnumbered for the seat belts. Being as this aircraft never used shoulder straps during its service life, they are a nice leftover for another day! Too bad the kit doesn't come with figures. They could and would be a welcome addition.
Also, you'd better watch everything that you do as some of the assembly such as the rudder control rod is a tiny piece of very fragile (I mean I broke it) rod that is attached at FOUR places on the sprue. Same for the rudder pedals (which I managed to keep intact).
Maybe I am not used to the scale but it seems very small bits should have one maybe two sprue attachment points. I have broken (and mended) three pieces now. Thank goodness I have that ability.
Will post more on other deficiencies... but as you can see by the photos above, there is a lot going on in this kit!
Major stuff about the decal sheet...
1) the #guide is off by two. If you are looking for decal #36, then use #34 and so on... very poor quality control.
2) This is probably the worst decal sheet I have ever worked with and I have done a few auto models. They are very thick and do not respond to MicroSol or MicroSet. They just lay there and after the moisture dissolves, they are not attached. Someone gave me the suggestion of using white vinegar. I've never used that before...
I have a better solution to the problem... GWH needs to get with it on decal sheets and PE sheets as both are misnumbered!
Also, on the second page on construction, there is a part C21 which is the bombardier's undertray with a window. It shows construction of the two parts but doesn't indicate where it is to be located. It is drawn but usually you indicated "hey, this goes here" which it doesn't...
I also "decanted" some paint last night for the very first time! What an easy process! I used a Planter's peanut can (cleaned very thoroughly) inside my paint booth with the fan running. Very smooth and poured into an empty jar. Now I can use the same colors again! Another first!
For Russ Bucy... I agree about the green being too dark so I went back to the original green. Mucho better... will show you in photos.
So anyway, I will try to get the photos up from the left fuselage half with the cockpit, etc in position when I get home tonight. I forgot to upload them last night!
Your comments and criticisms are always welcome.