Well folks - as these things go, time got away from me this past week, but the whole purpose behind this build thread was to keep myself building so here's a brief update.
I have spent all the time since my last update prepping the parts to be painted Bell aircraft green - I love and hate this part of any build. I love it because you get to put down colour very soon, but it can take forever to get all the parts cleaned up and prepped. I'm most of the way through.
I have decided to use the Special Hobby resin for the interior as provided in the Q kit over most of the Eduard pieces. I prefer the depth provided by resin parts and they respond well to my weathering techniques. As always I compare the photoetch replacement parts to the resin - every now and then I'll carve some resin off to use a more delicate P/E piece. I'll be using the resin seat and an Eduard seat for these builds - the resin seat has a nice moulded cushion and has all the same detail as the p/e replacement.
I have to finish up collecting the interior pieces - it's taking longer than normal, probably because some idiot decided I should build two limited run kits at once. Then I'll start the interior painting and weathering process. I'm also trouble shooting some fit issues with the CMK gunbay - but on the bright side I have a plan of attack for lengthening the fuse!
Sorry for the blurry photo - I took it on my Blackberry for the sake of having something to include with this post.
...I swear to god there's a lot more work there than it looks like. Note that I replaced the P/E harness in the nosebay with wiring. I used the P/E piece as a template.