Focke Wulf Fw 189 A-2
IntroductionThis is the1:48 scale Great Wall Hobby kit built as a machine of W.Nr 2317, 5D+CK, 2(H)/31, Russia, 1943. Apart from adding the flanges on the underside and replacing the molded on grab-handles, the model hasn't been altered externally. However, some details were added, mainly in the interior area and on the left engine. Below is a list of the modifications I did to the model in both areas:
Details added to the cockpit interior- PE + acetate sheet instrument panels from the MPM kit.
- PE bomb sight from the MPM kit.
- Photo etched Flare holders from the MPM kit.
- Flare containers made from scratch.
- Plastic main wing spar from the MPM kit.
- Resin gas mask containers from the MPM kit.
- Plastic droppable messages containers from the MPM kit.
- Various plastic boxes and satchels from the MPM kit.
- Added details for the rudder pedals made from scratch.
- MG 81Z ammo cases made from scratch.
- Camera doors opening mechanism made from parts from the spare box.
- Photo Etched Radio box from Eduard.
- Additional cables from lead wire.
Details added to the left engine- Firewall behind the engine was scratch-built.
- Some details were added on the back of the engine.
- Some cables made from lead wire were added.
- An oil tank made from scratch has been added.
- The oil radiator was detailed (the grill comes from the MPM kit).
- Hot air filters have been added inside the two small holes of the frontal engine cover.
- Two cover plates have been added on the underside of the engines.
Copyright ©2019 by Jean Luc Formery. Images also by copyright holder unless otherwise noted. The views and opinions expressed herein are solely the views and opinions of the authors and/or contributors to this Web site and do not necessarily represent the views and/or opinions of AeroScale, KitMaker Network, or Silver Star Enterrpises. Images also by copyright holder unless otherwise noted. Opinions expressed are those of the author(s) and not necessarily those of AeroScale. All rights reserved. Originally published on: 2011-01-08 00:00:00