This set is marked for the ICM Bergepanther (kit no. ICM35341 or ICM35342) and will add that touch of scale detail by replacing those parts that are difficult to replicate in plastic. The set will be of use for almost any Panther variant, as all the parts are generic ones, and although marked for the Bergepanther, no specific parts relating to the recovery conversion are included. All parts are for exterior fittings only, with exception of the very nice inserts for the air intakes.
What's in the bag?
The kit is packed in the familiar Eduard way, in a plastic wrapper with two stiff cards to protect the frets from bending.
The set consists of three PE frets containing the following items:
- 4 assemblies, which will fit underneath the air-intakes, to recreate a more accurate view when looking through the grills.
- Grills for the air-intakes. These are very fine, and have a beautiful 'woven' mesh texture.
- Engine deck lifting hooks to replace the out of scale plastic ones.
- Another 'woven' mesh grill, for the snorkel intake on the rear of the engine deck.
- Spare track racks for both sides including the retainer pins (with chains) which are a must replace item on any Panther.
- A full set of 2 part front mudguards. The extensions have wing nuts moulded on, and various brackets and hinges are all there.
- Exhaust bracket and jack mounting bracket.
- A convoy light with bracket.
- A full set of tool clamps and racks
- An ammo box and mount for the MG34. The MG mount is about the only Bergepanther specific item in the set, as on the Bergepanther the MG34 is mounted on the right front of the hull, rather than on the cupola. An ammo belt is also included, but as always with PE the rounds are flat and don't look convincing at all. Best replaced with a plastic belt.
- Tow cable mounting points, again with retainerpins and chains
The instructions are the usual Eduard drawings, with colour coding to easily distinguish between PE parts and kit parts, and to clarify which parts need to be removed.
All in all a worthwhile set to detail your (Berge) panther, easy to work with without any overly complicated assemblies. This kit should be suitable for those who have little or no experience with PE. Recommended.
Thanks to Eduard for the review sample.