Britainís Royal Navy led the way for the world in Naval Aviation, having one of the first Naval Air arms (the Royal Naval Air Service, established by the air-minded First Lord of the Admiralty Winston Churchill) which served valiantly in WWI and commissioning the first aircraft carrier, HMS Furious in 1917. Absorbed into the RAF between the wars, the Navy retrieved its air force just before WWII and the Fleet Air Arm has remained an important part of the Royal Navy ever since. The members of the Commonwealth of Nations have been part of this proud tradition, maintaining their own naval air forces as well.
This campaign aims to honor that tradition by building models of Royal Navy as well as Commonwealth Navy aircraft from WWI to today.
The Rules and Regs
1) Entry must be an aircraft from the RNAS, FAA, Merchant Navy, Commonwealth navy or RN operated aircraft from any time period, 1910-date.
2) Can be an aircraft designed and built in any country but must be in British or Commonwealth colors and markings
3) Need not be carrier aircraft.
4) No starting before the campaign and the model should be completed by the end of the campaign.
5) Build logs and lots of posting are encouraged.
6) Stand alone or Dio's allowed.
7) Entries cannot be used for more than 1 campaign.
8) Work in Progress Pics must be posted in the Official Campaign thread...
9) At least 2 Clear Pictures of the finished model on a plain background must be posted in the Official Campaign Gallery to be awarded the Campaign Ribbon
10) All scales are welcome.
11) Honor the traditions of the Senior Service in the air; and have fun!.
Only one award to be awarded per entrant. Each entrant may complete as many kits as they wish within the time-scale but only one ribbon will be awarded