Almost every Air Force during World War II had their big twin engine Zerstorer (Destroyer) heavy fighters. The most famous is probably the Bf 110, with other notables being the 210, 410, 219, Beaufighter, Mosquito, P-38, P-61, Gekko, and some lesser known units such as the Pe3, Do 335, Whirlwind and P-70 being available in kit form.
The Rules and Regs
1. Twin Engine Heavy Fighter
2. Must have been OPERATIONAL in World War 2 (i.e. no what-ifs or experimental versions), so documentation must be provided for some of the obscure ones, such as using Strafer-nosed B-25's as a stop-gap night fighter just before the P-61's arrived in the Pacific.
3. Any scale (1/144 to 1/24 - somebody PLEEEEZ do that big Mossie)
4. Any nationality
5. Dioramas allowed but not required
6. A minimum of 2 progress shots must be posted in the official Campaign thread (you can start your own Build Log thread as well)
7. A Campaign Gallery will be created to post pics of completed builds, so a minimum of 2 pics MUST be posted either there OR in the official Campaign thread, or both.
Build as many Zerstorers as you wish, but you will only get 1 ribbon at the end of the Campaign, 'coz that's the rules. We are all here to enjoy our wonderful hobby and learn from each other, so please have fun and share your progress with us.